Hi, everyone!

Thread: Hi, everyone!

SnickerJunky is offline Junior Member

Smile Hi, everyone!

My name is Dani and I've decided to take the home school plunge! My son, Terry is going into 5th grade and has Asperger's Syndrome. I've found that schools just don't seem to want to recognize this as something that needs special attention sometimes. He has come home crying and stressed out for the last time. It's up to me to step up and do what I can to give him the education he deserves and to make it fun and something he looks forward to, and not something he dreads. I haven't purchased the T4L yet, but I'm 99% sure this is what I will use, along with some other supplementation either by learning some things the way I was taught, or other online resources. Or both. I've just been so uplifted by reading everyone's posts and comments here. The more I've read, the more I'm convinced I'm doing the right thing, in spite of being terrified of becoming a failure lol.

I'm excited to meet so many other people who are doing the same thing and look forward to learning the best ways to do this from the people who have already been there and done that!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Dani, We are glad to have you here! Since you are new to homeschooling you might want to check out the Welcome to Homeschooling Guide which has lots of great information from veteran homeschoolers! Also check out your state forum for state specific homeschooling help. Again, welcome!
    Last edited by MamaToHerRoo; 07-27-2014 at 05:49 AM.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!