Hi! Just joined T4L
    TanyaB is offline Junior Member

Default Hi! Just joined T4L

Hi there. I will be homeschooling my 7th grader. Brand new to all of this but we both think it will be a fun learning experience.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi! Just joined T4L

Hi, Tanya! Welcome to you and your student! We hope you'll make a habit of stopping by the parent forum every day. We'd like to share your homeschool journey with you!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Hi, Kelly.

Thank you. I will try to check in on here as much as possible. Still trying to get organized and all that. Just got through the first week. Going to do review this weekend and see what she and I both need to work on. Not stressing, so that's good. LOL

I do have a question about learning a language. Does she have to take one now? I was wondering if she could do a language in the summer. And would it have to be one of the three usual choices; Spanish, German or French, or could she choose something else?

Tanya

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi again, Tanya!

Time4Learning provides the curriculum and you use it your way. Your student doesn't "have" to do anything, unless you decide she has to. Yes, any part of the curriculum can be used during the summer. I think saving learning a foreign language for summer learning might be great for a lot of kids. Many homeschool families school all year long, but my own kids (and, I admit, their MOM!) look forward to the summer break.

Time4Languages is an optional add-on, anyway, so you won't want to add and begin paying for that until you feel your child is ready. English, Spanish, Chinese, Latin, and French are offered. Here's some more information about Time4Languages.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you, Kelly.

My daughter wants to learn Korean. I was actually going to get the Rosetta Stone program. I'll wait until the summer. I wouldn't think it should matter what language they choose. She just really hopes to visit Korea one day.

Tanya