Hi from Las Vegas
    spoiledmama is offline Junior Member

Default Hi from Las Vegas

Hello everyone. I'm a stay at home mom of 5 and we live in Las Vegas. Currently we are doing virtual school through k12 and I despise it. I tried T4L for one week with my kids kindergartener and he liked it but we decided to keep trying k12 for a while. Well I want to go full homeschool after the holiday break. Any feedback or advice would be great. I have a kindergartner, 1st grader, and 3rd grade. Also would love any moms in the area looking for playtime with the kids or field trips.

Bella is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Hi from Las Vegas

Hi Spoiledmama!

I'm new here as well, my daughter is a 3rd grader and we both have been enjoying T4L so far.
    I love that she has the option to revise 2nd grade curriculum and and advance to 4th grade if needed.
    This site is exactly what I was looking for, I sit with her as she learn and we discuss anything she is not sure about and I also give her other examples to open her mind more.
    I'm not sure about how the k12 virtual school works but T4L seems very learner friendly.

happy homeschooling!!

spoiledmama is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Hi from Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Hi Spoiledmama!

I'm new here as well, my daughter is a 3rd grader and we both have been enjoying T4L so far.
    I love that she has the option to revise 2nd grade curriculum and and advance to 4th grade if needed.
    This site is exactly what I was looking for, I sit with her as she learn and we discuss anything she is not sure about and I also give her other examples to open her mind more.
    I'm not sure about how the k12 virtual school works but T4L seems very learner friendly.

happy homeschooling!!
    K12 actual curriculum is great. We were going to purchase it on our own but for our 3 children it's over 200 a month! Not including materials. It's almost $1000 for it. We just don't want to pay that much. It's free with the public school but it's soooo restricted. We have certain times to be logged in with a teacher and if we don't they call and email me and basically hound me. They require you go to facilities for testing and when I refuse them they drop my kids a whole grade letter in every subject. It's a nightmare. They give assignments in the live class sessions and if my daughter misses one they don't let her make the work up and give her an F in the grade book. After Xmas break we are ditching the public school and going with T4L. As well as a subscription to Mobymax which is really great for reinforcing what they learn. I should have stuck with T4L at the start of the school year. My daughter is on a 4th grade level but this school is hindering her from moving at a faster pace.