Hi from mtns of NC
    Mountain Dad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Hi from mtns of NC

I am a homeschool Dad of my 14 year old Autistic son. We live near Chimney Rock , NC. I know it is hokey, but we moved from the city, quit our fast paced lifestyle(most days), and now we feel like are a family again.
    My sons main interests are sports-oriented. I have been unable to find any leagues and such he can join to supplement what we do. He could not make a high school team, but would love to play basketball or volleyball. Our church doe not have any leagues, etc. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Hello again,

Tom

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Tom.
    That doesn't sound hokey at all. I think it's wonderful that you did something that some would consider bold. While others are living the fast-paced life, you and your family are making memories that you'll treasure forever.

You may have better luck going over to the North Carolina State Forum. Maybe you'll get someone who can help you find a group in your area or will have an idea of an organization you can join. Have you tried the local YMCA? How about a local homeschool support group? I did a Google search of homeschool support groups in Chimney Rock, North Carolina and came up with a few results. Here is one: homeschool Meetups near Chimney Rock, North Carolina - homeschool Meetups - Chimney Rock
    If they don't have a sports group, they may be able to guide you to a group that does. Maybe a city near you may have a sports group, even if you have to drive a little.

Those are just some thoughts that came to mind. We live in Florida and we have several athletic groups just for homeschoolers. I know that living in a small town may be more difficult. Florida also allows homeschoolers to participate in school sports, although a lot of homeschoolers choose not to. We also have sports groups organized by our city.

Good luck!!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass