Hi New Homeschooling Parent From Ky
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dorrisann

Thread: Hi New Homeschooling Parent From Ky

Default Hi New Homeschooling Parent From Ky

My namme is Angi Duncan and I have 4 great children. I am only homeschooling my youngest though. She is in the 7th grade. She was having a hard time in her middle school and when I talked to the school board it was apparent that she wasn't the only one. So I am very glad of my decision and when I told them what homeschooling program we were going to use she knew all about Time 4 Learning and approved of the curriculum. She said it was one of the best so I am so glad to have found the program and thank the family who put it all together. I am very new so I am sure I will be back to the forum with my fears, doubts, successes, and I am sure a fair amount of failures so I would appreciate any support that I can get. Thank You.
    Angela Duncan

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Angi, and welcome! Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Love hearing that the school board knows and approves of T4L. We ALL have fears, doubts and successes...and would love for you to share yours! It's what makes the community here so great, the support that we can get AND give.

Here is a Hints and Help page that can help you learn a little more about the T4L site, and I would recommend that you familiarize yourself with your parent login. Also, please stop by our Kentucky homeschool forum and say hi there. It can be a good place to try and meet other homeschoolers near you, but also to try and keep up with homeschool happenings in your state.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Angela. Welcome to T4L and homeschooling. We homeschool our 3 kids...going on 12 years now. We've used T4L a little over 4 years. Our daughter loves it.
    If you look over to the boxes on the right side of this page, you will find a link for a homeschool guide. It's has a lot of helpful tips and information for new homeschoolers.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums. You'll find everyone is very helpful and friendly. Enjoy your homeschooling adventure.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

dorrisann is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Angi,

My name is Dorris Ann Duncan Maynard! So I am so excited to meet another Duncan and an Aspie momma . I am 50 years of age. I have three grown children and 4 grandchildren with another one on the way!!!! I love it. My husband Tim and I have been raising one of our granddaughters since before she got here. Her mother is my middle child and has certainly been my most trying child. My grown daughter is 27, remarried and has another daughter who is almost 5. Needless to say the relationship is not as I would like it to be with my daughter. But for now I must concentrate on my granddaughter, who is also our legal daughter. Yes, we were so blessed to have adopted her in 2010. My granddaughter, Cailin, is 11 years old. I have been homeschooling her since the middle of her 1st grade. Things with Cailin and education have always been a challenge. She has been misdiagnosed and her quirkiness explained away by many experts. So this Monday we received the diagnoses of Asperger's. I have been searching hi and low on here for all of the resources I could find. I am thrilled to have found this site. I have already signed her up for the time4learning curriculum. We begin Monday the 22nd. We are so excited!!! I completely understand so much more as to why her learning has been a struggle for her. Such as her writing skills. She can spell and read well but her handwriting is often times illegible. And looks like that of a small child. However, math is definitely her strong suit.

I do apologize for going on so. I am so thrilled to have found this site. I can barely contain myself, lol. We live on the southern border of KY/TN. Our county is Allen and our hometown is Scottsville. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I pray I might be a blessing to others.

I look forward to meeting each of you. And I am definitely inspired with all that I have read on here. Thank you for having me and my granddaughter, Cailin.

A blessed momma,
    Dorris
    lovehmschlg likes this.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Angi. I also wanted to welcome you to time4learming. I am the moderator of the Kentucky Parent Forums. I would live to see you over there. My ten year old son has used t4l since preK. I also have five adult children and eight grandchildren. Three of my grandchildren are also homeschooled. Welcome.