Hi! New to HS with my Autistic son....nervous but excited
    #1Mommy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Hi! New to HS with my Autistic son....nervous but excited

Hey Y'all.

Tomorrow is our first day of Homeschooling AND my son's 13th Birthday. WooHoo he is now a teenager AND is now dependent on ME for his learning. Big changes going on.

I am a mom of 4 kids. 2 have Autism. I am only HS the one son so far.
    Elementary school was great but we tossed him into Middle school and even with all his accomidations, he sunk like a rock.
    So this is plan B. We held him back in K so in school he was in 6th grade. But looking at where he ""actually"" is, I am starting him on 5th grade to catch him up. HAVE ANY OF U HAD TO DO THE SAME???? <<<<<<<<<<<<<

I am sooooooooooo scared and nervous BUT am a little more excited now that I have found T4L. Looks like everyone here is so good at helping and info.
    Look forward to working with everyone.

Hey #1 Mommy,

I too have daughter that is almost 13 with asperger's and is mentally challenged. I too put her in fifth grade, she did well in elementary put when she got to middle school, it was just too much stimuli for her to handle. We are in our first week of T4L and so far so good.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums #1Mommy. And to you trisha1971. It's nice to meet both of you. I have an 11 year old boy. He's not been diagnosed with anything but he has the attention span of a gnat. I love time4learning because we can take frequent breaks whenever he needs them. I mix it up with a bit of work and then some physical exercise or food. This helps him regain his focus so we can work some more. Look around the forums. Check out the forum for your state. Also the special needs forum. As I always say, we are all in this together.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota