Hi from New Jersey
    andrear.brown1 is offline Junior Member

Question Hi from New Jersey

I am new to home schooling, I am in the process of removing my son from school and need advise from fellow homeschoolers in New Jersey. I enrolled my 8th grade son in this curriculum yesterday. I became a member of the NJHA on Monday. Since I am withdrawing my son from school during the school, I am following Home School League Defense Association (HSLDA) advise and I have considered joining them. It is recommended that I join them before taking any action for counsel and legal protection. I intend to write the Board of Education in my district during the Christmas break. I just want to know what else do I need to do?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi from New Jersey

Hi there! Welcome to homeschooling. I can't advise on joining on HSLDA. I know we have many families here that have been members since the day they started homeschooling. Alternatively, there just as many families that have never joined, nor will they. Each state has different laws...it may not be as necessary in some states as it is in others. You may want to ask in our New Jersey homeschool forum and see what kind of response you get. Also, our Time4Learning Families Facebook group is pretty active...you could get advice there as well.

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!