Hi from Shreveport La.
    3lasses1lad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi from Shreveport La.

Hi everyone!!

Im a mom to four kiddos and I am planning on homeschooling my soon to be 6th grade daughter for the 1st time this next school term!! Ive searched the ENTIRE internet over at LEAST 2 times to find a program that i felt would be THE 1 for her... Every time i seem to keep coming back to Time 4 learning so it must be the program for her!! Any info you all may have for a complete newbie PLEASE feel free to share it with me lol!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome! When I started homeschooling, like you I searched and searched and over-searched for the right program, lol. We tried several methods, and just as many different curricula. I came across Time4Learning and gave it a try...and haven't looked back since. That was more than five years ago.

The great thing about T4L is you aren't contracted for any specific amount of time. You don't have to buy a year's worth of materials before you know if it will work for you. I believe there is still a two week trial period, but even after that you only pay a month at a time. So you can change things up if you needed to, without any problems.

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

Welcome to Homeschooling guide - this is great for any homeschooling parents, but especially new ones! Lots of good info, but it's not overwhelming or hard to get through.

Getting Started with Time4Learning guide - this one will help you learn more about the program, how it works, how to navigate the site, etc.

Louisiana homeschool forum - this can be a wonderful resource for keeping up with homeschool happenings in the state, but also to hopefully meet other members near you!

Hope these help, at least a little. Always feel free to post any questions you may have!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

3lasses1lad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks so much the links!!! Im starting to become excited about the idea of homeschooling her and all the new things she will be able to learn... looking to add sign language as her 2nd language and add adopt a solider as part of her writing skills.... thanks again and see ya around the forums soon!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3lasses1lad View Post
    Thanks so much the links!!! Im starting to become excited about the idea of homeschooling her and all the new things she will be able to learn... looking to add sign language as her 2nd language and add adopt a solider as part of her writing skills.... thanks again and see ya around the forums soon!!
    Very cool! If you find a good sign language program, I would love to know about it. I have been wanting to learn sign language for a while, and would love for my boys to learn as well. Adopt-A-Soldier is a great idea too!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

Hello,
    I am a newbie too and I am doing the same run around as you. However its not daunting for me because in my state they have to prove your child is not learning. Sign language sounds awesome. If you find a program that teaches it please share. My husband is going deaf and it would be nice for the whole family to take it together.
    My daughter who is 7, is interested in all kinds of foreign languages but our neighborhood school is a spanish immersion school so she is taking spanish. I like the idea of Adopt-A- Soldier my daughter absolutely hates writing. I have tried to get her to write to Grandma or her sister and they are not interesting enough for her. My daughter still gets excited about getting junk mail.My oldest child loved writing letters to her friends at your childs age. They learned how to fold the paper all special like for delivery. Special stationary, stickers and glitter pen make it fun and exciting.