Homeschooling 12-yo granddaughter
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lulugmom

Thread: Homeschooling 12-yo granddaughter

KaylasGmom is offline Junior Member

Default Homeschooling 12-yo granddaughter

I am homeschooling my 12 year old Granddaughter. This is my first month of taking her out of Public School...she was always in trouble...they would put her in In School Suspension with no work...so she was not learning anything! She makes A's and B's...but was very social...she had many referrals and was close to being expelled. I decided to home school her and used the Abeka Books for the 1st month...well...it has been a job trying to get her to do her work...or she would say, I already know that, and we would move forward.
    I signed up for the timelearning...in hopes that working with schoolwork online will satisfy her "electronics need" all the time!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Welcome to time4learning, Kayla's grandmom.
    Time4Learning should keep Kayla more on target. If you find the lessons are not challenging enough for her or she already knows the material, you can have her skip lessons or only take the quiz/test until she reaches a point where it's new material for her. Remember, one of the beauties of homeschooling is your child can work at her pace. And one of the beauties of Time4Learning is that your child has access to 3 grade levels for each subject.
    My daughter is doing lower grade level for math, but higher for Language Arts.

I just want to share this link to Helps and Hints in navigating the Time4Learning site. It made my first year so much easier.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

lulugmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm also new and also homeschooling my 11 year old granddaughter. The school out here is small and her looks made her stand out and get targeted, to the point parents were saying she didn't belong. This made her so sad and depressed it was a fight getting her out the door. After much prayer and finding this site, it made my decision a whole lot easier. This week was our first week...a lot to learn but she is already doing better emotionally and hasn't argued once about school work, so we are keeping our finger crossed and saying our prayers that this is what will truly work.
    bailbrae and lovehmschlg like this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lulugmom View Post
    I'm also new and also homeschooling my 11 year old granddaughter. The school out here is small and her looks made her stand out and get targeted, to the point parents were saying she didn't belong. This made her so sad and depressed it was a fight getting her out the door. After much prayer and finding this site, it made my decision a whole lot easier. This week was our first week...a lot to learn but she is already doing better emotionally and hasn't argued once about school work, so we are keeping our finger crossed and saying our prayers that this is what will truly work.
    Hello and welcome to you as well! So glad to hear that your start to homeschooling is going well. Please always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and join in on any conversations!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!