Homeschooling Father
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg

Thread: Homeschooling Father

JBevard is offline Junior Member

Default Homeschooling Father

Greetings,

I just started Time4learning this week. I have two boys, a seven year old and a one year old. I have been homeschooling my seven year old for about two years now, and have been with my one year old at home since day one.

I homeschool because I saw too much that I did not like during six years as a classroom teacher. My personal experiences, plus what I have learned from authors such as John Taylor Gatto, shaped my decision to want so much better for my boys.

At first, we went through an unschooling phase, because that is what many in our local homeschool group followed. However, I have found that for our family, structure is needed and Time4learning seems to provide a nice base curriculum that I can always supplement.

I look forward to "meeting" a few people here, especially fathers. Take care.

~John~

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, John.
    Welcome to T4L. I know what you mean about some level of structure. I wish I could remember how I found T4L, but I do remember that it was when I had to go back to work part time and I needed some kind of structure and accountability. Since that day I have not stopped thanking God for T4L!! My daughter loves it. I love it!

If you've been on the forums some and read some of the questions and answers, you may have found this link already, but in case you haven't, I'll share it with you because I've found it helfpful. It's got a lot of links for helps and tips to T4L. You can find such things as worksheets and teaching guides, activity scheduler, how to change grade levels permanently, a video on how to use the progress reports, and so much more.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum, John. Maybe as a teacher, you can offer some tips to us homeschooling parents.
    JBevard likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We are "almost unschoolers" that LOVE T4L! We don't follow a true unschooling path, as I like to have something to fill in between my boys' interest led activities. Time4Learning is perfect for that! They learn and explore on their own (to a degree), and I know I have a wonderful program to make sure they know what they need to know in language arts and math. Welcome to T4L, John, and best wishes to you and your family!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!