Homeschooling a teenager from Puerto Rico
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By teachforgood
  • 1 Post By yessi

Thread: Homeschooling a teenager from Puerto Rico

Cool Homeschooling a teenager from Puerto Rico

Hi!
    I've been homeschooling for 3 years now, but I'm a newbie at T4L. I have a 15 year old daughter who's interested in going back to school and we want to make sure she's up to standards because she had a brain tumor removed this past summer and there are several areas that we need to reinforce before reintegrating her into the "system". It's our first time with an online program and we're really excited about trying T4L. We're from Puerto Rico , so if there are any other homeschoolers from the island we would love to hear from you, in fact we would love to hear from any other homeschoolers from any part of the world.

Blessings,

Jessica

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Jessica, and welcome! Wonderful to hear that your daughter seems to be doing well after such a major surgery! Here is a T4L Hints and Help page that you might helpful. I would also suggest you poke around all of the boards here...see what conversations you can jump into and who you can meet.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

teachforgood is offline Junior Member

Welcome to the group Jessica. What's it like living and studying and trying out homeschooling in Puerto Rico?
    bailbrae likes this.

yessi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool Saludos!

We're from Puerto Rico and this is our first time homeschooling! My daughter is 11 yrs old and currently in 6th grade.
    bailbrae likes this.

Hi!
    Well Puerto Rico's laws regarding Homeschooling are very relaxed, so that part is easy. But since I live in the West side of the island my only problem is that there aren't many homeschooling teens in the area. Other than that I love it, even though I still haven't really found a comfortable rythm, but that just keeps me grounded, it's a learning experience to all of us.

Hola Yessi!

How do you like it so far? What part of the island are you from?

N_rocacio82 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Homeschooling a teenager from Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Yeyi_pr View Post
    Hi!
    I've been homeschooling for 3 years now, but I'm a newbie at T4L. I have a 15 year old daughter who's interested in going back to school and we want to make sure she's up to standards because she had a brain tumor removed this past summer and there are several areas that we need to reinforce before reintegrating her into the "system". It's our first time with an online program and we're really excited about trying T4L. We're from Puerto Rico , so if there are any other homeschoolers from the island we would love to hear from you, in fact we would love to hear from any other homeschoolers from any part of the world.

Blessings,

Jessica
    Hola Jessica,

Estaba buscando hablar con otros padres que utilizan T4L como orientación ya que es la primera vez que le daria homeschooling a mis [email protected] Aun estas con el foro?

Saludos,

Nicole
    Trujillo Alto