Homeschooling-what to do???
    Momie4 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Homeschooling-what to do???

Hi I'm new to this and we are strongly considering homeschooling our 3 children. They are in 5,6 and 7th grades. Can someone please tell me what to do next.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Hi there and welcome! What state are you in? That can help me direct you to some information on your state laws. In the meantime, you can take a look at this guide Time4Learning put together about homeschooling. http://www.time4learning.com/homesch...meschool.shtml

I'm in Mississippi and I just can't seem to get the lessons planned out for the kid's to see!!! Help

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, amyteag.

Here are step-by-step instructions for using the Activity Planner.

It sounds like you might need to set your plan as your child's default. To do this, first log in to your parent account and click on My Saved Plans. Then:

1. Choose the name of your student from the dropdown menu. Select the name of the plan you just created from the second dropdown menu.
    2. Click the Manage Plans tab.
    3. A box will pop up where you can delete any plans you no longer want to keep and, most importantly, set the plan you just created as your student's default. This is the plan they will see when they look for their schedule on their lesson page. Click the “X” in the upper right corner to close the box when you have finished.
    4. You can allow your student to work from a weekly plan, deciding for him or herself which lessons to do each day, as long as the week's work is all completed. Or, you can assign certain activities for certain days.
    5. You may assign daily activities all at once, but most parents prefer to do this each weekend for the upcoming week.
    6. To assign daily activities, log in to your parent account and click on My Saved Plans. It's one of the orange buttons at the lower right of the home page of your parent account.
    7. Select your student's name from the dropdown menu and select the name of the plan from the second dropdown menu.
    8. Click the arrow next to the week you are working with.
    9. All activities for the week will be displayed. Click the arrow next to the week you are working with. Next to each activity, select the day of the week you want your student to do that activity. If you are taking a day off that week, just do not schedule any activities for that day.
    10. If your student has already done some of the activities, check them as Done.
    11. Any notes you add will be visible to your student when they access the schedule on their end.
    12. When you are finished assigning days, you can print or save the week's schedule in several formats by clicking on the appropriate choice in the tabs at the top.
    13. The default schedule will appear under your student's Schedule tab when logged in to their account. They can check the schedule to see what they must do that day. They may check off each item on the schedule as they complete it OR the computer will automatically check off all completed items once per day.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!