I need some opinions from others
    User#7 is offline Junior Member

Default I need some opinions from others

Hello everyone. Today I recieved a letter from a school adjusting councilor introducing herself and then on the letter there was a sticky note saying "it would be great to start to see your daughter for social and emotion support outside of the class room" me and my wife figured something must have happened in school for the sticky note to be attached. My daughter came clean and said she called 2 kids a Dhead cz they were picking on her. Me and my wife are already upset that we wasn't notified about this immediately. So what I would like to know is this. On the letter is gives me an option to decline consent for my child to participate. I want to decline it cz i myself as I child seen a school psychologist and she called D.S.S on my mother and she went through hell and back with them cz of this psychologists at school not to mention I have heard other horror shows as well. If I decline for my daughter to see this psychologist will they in turn call child services on my wife and I? Not that we have anything to hide or are bad parents it's just who needs ppl prying into your life not to mention the horror shows u here about them. Please let me know what u think as far as declining goes. I am going to let her finish the year and then start to home school her cz her social phobia restricts her drop learning properly. I forgot to mention my daughter is in the 4th grade sorry about that.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I need some opinions from others

Hi. I'm sorry you're dealing with "a note from school." Those are always difficult to deal with.

No one can predict what the counselor may or may not do if you decline. Declining by itself should not be a reason to notify authorities. There could be other concerns that might prompt an investigation.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Sorry

Sorry erased whole thread cz there was no way to delete it

spoiledmama is offline Junior Member

I would decline. I like to work with my kids at home. But I'm a psychologist so that may be one of my main reasons. I don't feel schools always need to be an intricate part of your child's life, not to the degree of counseling, if parents work with their child at home. Your daughter had a normal reaction to someone picking at her. Maybe discuss the inappropriate language she used and talk about better ways to deal with such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledmama View Post
    I would decline. I like to work with my kids at home. But I'm a psychologist so that may be one of my main reasons. I don't feel schools always need to be an intricate part of your child's life, not to the degree of counseling, if parents work with their child at home. Your daughter had a normal reaction to someone picking at her. Maybe discuss the inappropriate language she used and talk about better ways to deal with such a situation.
    I agree with you a 100 percent. I actually called the teacher and stated that I wanted to have a meeting with outer daughters teacher and when we got there the teacher had nothing but great things to say about our daughter. She was at the top of the list on alot of thing where the rest of the class was in the middle. I brought up the issue and said I would like to be notified immediately if outer daughter he's into a altercation. Me and my wife teach our daughter to use her words rather then physical violence. In this situation she used the wrong words. The teacher said I was going to get a hold of you but what happen was 2 girls came up to me and said your daughter called them a bad word at recess so I asked them again what happened and the bad word changed from d head to a hole. So the teacher figured it never happened and the kids lied about it. After hearing about this I'm really pissed of at the school "psychologist" cz none of what she was saying and saying my daughter needed made no sense. I emailed her and said thanks for your concern but I think u may be mistaken or didn't hear the right story. The teacher stated that the two kids were making it up and that the word my daughter called them was actually Jerks and your email had me doubting my daughters honesty because I took your word on what had happened. My daughter is excelling more then anyone in the class and that's out of the teachers mouth. I think k you made need to sit down with my daughters teacher before making recommendations for my daughters well being. My daughter is fine and handled the situation the way she should have. Thank you for your support but if she needs to see anybody we will take her to her primary care doctor and run it by her and if she decides it's best to see someone we will seek a private doctor through my health insurance but at this point I won't be doing anything because the teacher had nothing but great things to say about our daughter as far as work and behavior goes. Thank you for your support but my wife and I will not be giving you permission to work with our daughter at this point and time. She emailed us back and said I'm sorry I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for the reply have a great day if u need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me. Just another example of a power hungry psychologist that couldn't make it in a firm so now she goes around flexing her muscles in schools. I appreciate your reply back. Have a good night