I really want to start home schooling my daughter (where do I start?)
    teresac is offline Junior Member Newbie

Unhappy I really want to start home schooling my daughter (where do I start?)

Im thinking of home schooling my daughter too and have no idea where to start!!! Can you or anyone help me if you could

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I really want to start home schooling my daughter (where do I start?)

Hi, Teresa! Welcome to the forum.

You might be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

I also like to make sure new homeschool parents read How Long is a Homeschool Day, especially if their child is younger.

Each state has its own homeschool laws, and they are all very different. You can find your state's homeschool laws at your state's Department of Education website, but they are sometimes a little difficult to interpret if you aren't accustomed to that. You can post in the Families from Each State section of this forum under your specific state for clarification from families in your area.

Please stick around, share your homeschool experiences, and ask any questions you might have!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

IsaacPhoenix012 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: I really want to start home schooling my daughter (where do I start?)

Quote Originally Posted by teresac View Post
    Im thinking of home schooling my daughter too and have no idea where to start!!! Can you or anyone help me if you could
    Right here. I don't know how old your child is or where you live so this is a bit of a challenging question that can have varied answers, but the answer is still RIGHT HERE. If you go through the chat, time4learning will give you a week long trial. This website lets you set up when you want to school and when you vacations are and how many days a week you want to school and will then tell you what you need to get done. This program covers all the core classes from English and history, to math and science, as well as working with Rosetta stone, the BEST language program, for languages. Start doing this online program with any smartphone, tablet, or computer to make sure you guys like the program. I am in Texas, meaning I only have to unregistered my kid from school, but I don't know what rules your state has so look that up. Now my child spends half to a third of the time doing this work compared to hours in school. We also like the books Brain Quest to supplement, and are Christian so have her with Bible Study and memorizing her Awana verses, which she now has more time for. She also has more time for her competitive soccer. In a few months her sisters will do the pre-k program as well. We have a zoo membership so those are great, free after membership for a full year, field trips. We are new to this and are learning and working on finding out more about the state home school programs and stuff, but as for where to start, this is a great place, if not the best. It can be done anywhere with an internet connection.

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

IsaacPhoenix, please make our forum a regular stop when you're browsing the Internet. Your posts are very encouraging, and we need people like you!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!