I'm new to T4L with a question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By teaching2teengirlsinNC

Thread: I'm new to T4L with a question

teaching2teengirlsinNC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I'm new to T4L with a question

I have 2 middle school girls, 6th and 8th grade. This is our second year of homeschooling and I'm so frustrated with their lack of interest in our current curriculum. I am very close to pulling my hair out! Our first year was tough, but we made it through.

Is T4L a stand alone curriculum or does it need to be supplemented? Can anyone tell me what you think of the Science, Social Studies and Language Arts?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome. I have an 11th grader and a 6th grader currently. For my 6th grader, it's pretty much his only curriculum. When my oldest was in 8th grade, we did supplement social studies. You *can* stretch out the 7th grade s.s. activities if you want, but both of my boys love s.s. and history, so we added books, documentaries, etc.

If you didn't want to use the 7th grade s.s. material in 8th grade, you could contact support and see about starting high school level s.s./history.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Robin is offline Senior Member

I've used T4L as a standalone curriculum as well as using it as a spine or supplementing it. I guess it depends on what you what your students to study this year. All of my high school students use other curricula along with T4L.

teaching2teengirlsinNC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank for your responses. I'm going to try to use it as stand alone and supplement if needed. ☺
    bailbrae likes this.