Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Maliwali is offline Junior Member

Default Introduction

Well, since I can't edit my forum profile, I thought I probably need to post an intro here.

I've been homeschooling for 14+ years, and have four children. We live in MN, though we're originally from CA. I graduated my oldest after homeschooling her from K-12th, and she's now a chemical engineering major at a public research university. I also have a 15 yo daughter, a 12yo son and an 8yo son. We're a very science and math oriented family.

My older kids used CompassLearning Odyssey as a supplement many years ago, so I was excited to find out that Time4Learning has made it available for homeschoolers!

Currently, my 2nd grader is using T4L and he LOVES it. I went back to school myself this year, and I'm on campus two days a week. Originally, I was leaving a checklist of things for him to do with a packet of worksheets and books. Since he started using T4L, it's been great, because he can work almost completely independently on the days that I'm out of the house (though his siblings help him stay on track!). There's minimal preparation for me. I just tell him, "Do three activities in LA Extensions and Language Arts, and two activities in Math."

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hello!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Maliwali. Welcome to Time4Learning.

How encouraging to hear that you've graduated one child from homeschool and she's in college doing very well. It seems like she's pursuing studies and a career in an area of interest for her. My oldest daughter is graduating this year. She doesn't know what she is interested in yet. I'm trying to encourage her that it's okay. In time she will know. For me it wasn't until I was 23 that I knew I wanted to be a stenographer, and then I loved it!

We've been using Time4Learning with our youngest for several years now. And I found it when I had to go back to work part time. I needed something for her to be able to work independently a few days a week. Now I'm back home, but we're continuing with T4L...and hope to continue until she graduates. She also LOVES T4L. And of course, I do too.

Hope to see you around the forums again!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass