Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Eliana is offline Junior Member

Default Introduction

Hello! My name is Eliana and I知 from NJ. I just wanted to introduce myself. I知 a mom to two kids, a guy almost 20 and an 11 year old girl. My son was always in public school and, unfortunately, it was not a good experience for him, and us, starting in middle school and into high school because of bad peer influences and administration. My husband and I did not ever think of homeschooling until now because our daughter is due to enter middle school next school year. We regret we did not ever think to homeschool our son. Our plans of homeschooling our daughter were actually pushed up and we became accidental homeschoolers earlier than planned. We pulled our daughter out of public school mid-year (a couple weeks ago) due to issues of our daughter not feeling safe and the school not seeming to take it serious.

We are new to all of this and it brings me comfort knowing I can turn to a forum like this to connect with other parents who homeschool their child(ren).

Eliana

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Introduction

Hi, Eliana! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Like you (and most parents of adults), I also wish I had done a few things differently along the way. But I did the very best I could with the knowledge I had at that time. Because of that, there's just no reason to beat myself up.

We hope you will be a frequent visitor here on the Time4Learning parent forum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Nicolebulicek is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, my name is Nicole and I have three rambunctious boys ages 10, 7 and 6. We are newer to the Milwaukee area having transferred here from Iowa for my husbands job. We are loving this area and especially love spending time at the beach and nature areas. We have homeschooled since day one and I was also mostly homeschooled growing up. We tend to be eclectic but are transitioning into child led unschooling. I look forward to getting to know other homeschool families and opportunities in the area!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Time4Learning parent forum, Nicole! You might consider posting in the Wisconsin forum section to connect with families from your are.

We're happy you're here! Please stick around to share more about your homeschool days. It's always nice to have an experienced homeschooler on board!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!