Jumping in with both feet
    JCRWood is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Jumping in with both feet

Hello all, Very excited to homeschool. We just finished our first week. So far things are going well and we are all enjoying our time together. Course I have to explain the difference between completing an activities and mastering it. But not a bad way to start off our summer.
    I have two at home a 14 yr boy-sophmore and 10yr girl- 5th grade. I work full time as a nurse as well. It is going to be an adventure.

And I alreay notified their schools they wouldn't be back next year! YIKES

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. It's so nice to meet you. You may want to check out the Working Parents forum for some ideas. Also the forum for your state.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Gottisbella is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCRWood View Post
    Hello all, Very excited to homeschool. We just finished our first week. So far things are going well and we are all enjoying our time together. Course I have to explain the difference between completing an activities and mastering it. But not a bad way to start off our summer.
    I have two at home a 14 yr boy-sophmore and 10yr girl- 5th grade. I work full time as a nurse as well. It is going to be an adventure.

And I alreay notified their schools they wouldn't be back next year! YIKES

Congrats! and Welcome.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello. Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling!! How exciting!
    I have a few friends who are full-time nurses and homeschool. One of them is a single mom. She's a supermom! You can do this! I found T4L when I had to go back to work part time and it was a huge help in holding us accountable to getting the essential subjects done. I appreciated that I didn't have to put time into preparing lessons and scoring tests. Instead, I used the free time I had with my kids to review their work or to go on field trips.

I wanted to share this Welcome to Homeschool Guide. You may find it helpful as a new homeschooler.
    Best wishes to you and your family!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass