Just getting started
    canatsey7 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Just getting started

Hi all, Our school recommended that our daughter attend summer school for math and reading but due to the extensive summer medical appointments that is virtually impossible. I was so happy to find Time4Learning! I got her going last night and she w.as having so much fun! What a great jump-start to the summer.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just Getting Started

Quote Originally Posted by canatsey7 View Post
    Hi all, Our school recommended that our daughter attend summer school for math and reading but due to the extensive summer medical appointments that is virtually impossible. I was so happy to find Time4Learning! I got her going last night and she w.as having so much fun! What a great jump-start to the summer.

Hello canatsey 7,

So glad to have you in the T4L family I am sure you and your daughter will enjoy it around here. I want to give you a few links that might be of a little help to you:

Getting Started with Time4Learning

Hints & Help - How to Use Time4Learning

How to Homeschool (This is a neat e-book written by homeschooling families for new homeschooling families. It's comprehensive without being overwhelming.)

VocabularySpellingCity (sister site)

Learning Games for Kids (sister site)

Be sure to check out the state forums to find your state. It's a great way to meet others in your area, find out things going on in and around you, share ideas...

Best wishes to you and your daughter.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

Hello,
    This is a great site for those.
    Reading a math are my two favorite subjects for my daughter to learn. I am always telling my kids if you know how to read you can learn anything you do not know yet and math... Well math is so important we write numbers the same all over the world. Math is unchanging so once you learn it you know it.
    I hope you post in your child's learning ability and do not be afraid to ask for any ideas if you need them. There are many many literature and math sites on the web. you can go to almost any library page and they will give you links to tons. I believe many of those are on the same as the playground sites on here.

When I was in the 4th grade I could not do math at all or even tell time. I had a teacher keep me in at lunch with another student who could not do math either in the 6th grade. Luckily we were both very competitive with each other and when she started to teach all kinds of hints and tricks she let us do math pages at our own pace. We caught up with low math class in one month and passes the advanced math class in three months. We both went into advanced math classes in highschool. I share those tips and tricks all the time. It just clicked and i took off. There are so many ways to look at math that people do not realize its there because it got lost in the school system. They can be fun and make you look at math in a whole new way (a butterfly and instead of a slug)