Just signed up
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Miguel'smom
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Just signed up

Diane is offline Junior Member

Default Just signed up

Hello everybody, it is nice to see that I am not the only one new here and scared to death that I'm doing the right thing. I feel I am because the schools are way too overcrowded and the bullying doesn't seem to stop. I am worried that my daughter, in 7th grade, might not get the education she needs for the future online. If anybody has any advice I would truly appreciate it

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Diane. I think we all have those fears in the beginning. Whether we are homeschholing a kindergarten or a high schooler we are always afraid we will do irreparable damage to our children. The fact is our children will learn. We will not destroy them. Find a good local support group. This is key. It gives you the support of other moms and it gives your children playmates. I would also suggest that you join your dtate's forum on here. Go to the link at the top of this page that says State Forums. Click on that and then click on your state. Please let us know if we can help with anything.

Miguel'smom is offline Member
    Blog Entries

This is the test that she will have to pass for college level courses on a state level. If she does not pass this then the only thing that happens is she has to complete developmental courses before moving to her major. Most state universities and community colleges have an "open door" policy that anyone who has completed high school (GED or alternative) or pass the "ability to benefit" test can enroll and can qualify for financial aid. Try not to stress and enjoy your time with her.
    bailbrae likes this.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the li k to that test. It could help a lot of our families.
    bailbrae likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

abuhaaqeme is offline Junior Member Newbie