Just signed up today in Louisiana
    champion99t is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Just signed up today in Louisiana

Any help would be appreciated.

Me and my wife have been planning to homeschool our son next school year. However, the problems at his public school were just getting worse so we decided to go ahead and make the move.

A little info if anyone has any incite. Our son has aspergers sydrome, is highly intelligent, but lacks social skills. I would be interested in hearing any tips from those of you that may have a similar situation.

Thanks!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi champion99t, my name is Michelle. Welcome to T4L! your reason is the same reason I took my boys out 5+ years ago! the system was just broken it was smashed! I love the "new and happy" boys that are here with me and their self confidence is thru the roof!

Here are some links to help you navigate T4L:
    Hints and Helps
    Getting Started Using Time4Learning
    You might also want to check out theLA state forum. It's a great place to meet folks in your state and perhaps find some who are not too far from you.
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by champion99t View Post
    Any help would be appreciated.

Me and my wife have been planning to homeschool our son next school year. However, the problems at his public school were just getting worse so we decided to go ahead and make the move.

A little info if anyone has any incite. Our son has aspergers sydrome, is highly intelligent, but lacks social skills. I would be interested in hearing any tips from those of you that may have a similar situation.

Thanks!
    Hi there, and welcome. I don't have any insight into your specific situation, but I can direct you to our Special Needs forum...that's where many of our parents of special and gifted children post. You may be able to connect to members there who have gone/are going through similar circumstances. Good luck! Definitely keep us posted as to how things are going with you guys.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!