Just started homeschooling
    HomeschoolerDADDY is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Just started homeschooling

I am a married daddy of 3, a minister, and a soldier in the National Guard. My eldest girl is school age (10). I just started homeschooling. I am very glad to get her out of the schools before they ruin her (she still plays dolls with her 4.5 yr old sister).
    Just a word to all of us new parent-teachers. If people say that your child won't be like "normal" kids in public or private schools...just respond "Boy, I hope you're right! That's why I took her/him out of the schools!"
    Luke 6:40 "A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, willbe like his teacher." (NASB)

I would much much rather my pupil be like ME rather than like the public school, since my values are what I want to teach her! This is the WHOLE point.

I hope to make fruitful connections with some of you. Have an awesome day.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! Thanks for the introduction and the encouragement for other homeschoolers! Make yourself at home and pop into the different forums here...there are always people to meet and conversations to join in on.

Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and share your experiences with us. I hope you'll join our Arkansas homeschool forum that we have. It can be a great way to connect with other homeschoolers near you and to try and keep up with homeschool happenings in AR!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I'm the Arkansas forum moderator and would love to have you come over there and join us!
    Thank you for your service.
    If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to share.
    Happy Homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!