Just wanted to send a Shout out from SC
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brook Simmons

Thread: Just wanted to send a Shout out from SC

MsArmstrsj is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Just wanted to send a Shout out from SC

I just wanted to say "hi". I have been looking for a homeschool curriculum that my son would enjoy and help me keep tabs on what and where he's at in his levels. My son has learning disabliities due to the numerous seizuires he had for the first 4 1/2 years of his life. Public school was socially promoting him and he was learning really bad behaviors from the "self contained" classroom. I quite my job a 1 1/2 ago to stay home with him. He is an amazing kid,but needs a chance to catch up with everyone.
    The way I see it is he has overcome 200 to 300 seizures almost dying twice I really believe he deserves a real chance! 8-) I'm learning how he learns which has been a real process. I'm so excited about this site and wish I would have found it a 1 1/2 ago, but nothing like the present!

I will be updating just how well he does, because I want the world to know that you should never give up on a child and the sky is the limit no matter what their age is. Look forward to buiding new relationship with you.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi MsArmstrsj, and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your son's seizures, but glad to hear you are trying to stay positive and are excited about homeschooling with Time4Learning!

Here are a couple of links you may want to check out and bookmark for reference:

Welcome to Homeschooling Guide by Time4Learning
    Getting Started with Time4Learning

I would also like to invite you to join the South Carolina homeschool forum. It can be a great tool for keeping up with homeschool happenings in the state, but also good for finding other members that are near you. I would love to see you over there!

Poke around the boards...lots of great people and great info/tips to be found.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

I think that is fantastic. My cousin would have 3 days after a seizure where she just felt drained and was moody. I do not know if your son is like that but it will be a breather for him to learn at his own pace and not feel like he has to play catch up when he is not foggy anymore. You will be able to keep a log to help recognize his triggers where his teacher and classmates were too busy to notice since some are so mild they think they just are hunger but feel totally drained afterwards. I have hear that triggers where things from rainbow crystals to certain kind of noises. Its amazing how many people do not know the proper steps or are misinformed on how to handle seizures too. It would be a sealer of homeschooling for me just so I know what happened and I could be there for him.

I can not wait to hear how it goes for you and the choices and subjects you choose to teach and how your son will excel when his needs are met.
    bailbrae likes this.