A Little Confused
    laurenspring is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default A Little Confused

Hi all, my daughter is in the 7th grade and we have been using t4l since the end of September and as of today she has completed her language arts and language arts extentions for the year (??) Is this right or possible? Plus, I found the report generater kinda hard to understand. I'm looking for an overall grade average in what she's done up until now and there's so many average grades for the one subject. I've gone through all the help tutorials and can't find and answers I'm looking for. Help! Thanks!
    Lauren Spring

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First let me say wow your daughter moved right along. It can be done. I know with my son, the assignments slowed him down. There are periodic assignments through out the lessons. Things like chapter has a writing assignment that goes with it.

Guide
    Chapter 5: "The Scarlet Pimpernel - ILA"
    Lesson Activity Name Type LA# Worksheet Odyssey
    Writer
    Before Reading: Through an exploratory activity, the student will acquire background information that will set the stage for the anchor piece, the play The Scarlet Pimpernel. The student will develop vocabulary through the use of a literature-based glossary and an interactive assessment activity that focuses on the use of a graphic organizer where the student matches words with their definitions. The student will also respond to a prewriting prompt. Background (prereading for The Scarlet Pimpernel) 76388
    Setting/Choosing Sides (writing) 76389

When my son did the 7th grade I remember he had different activities with in the lesson he needed to write down, not just do them on the computer. Did she do any of that?

I recommend you ask this question over at Members Using Time4Learning.com

Wish I could have been more help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

laurenspring is offline Junior Member Newbie

After going back and checking, yes, she has completed it all. (I think its her favorite). So, she wont have anything left in those 2 subjects for the year?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You can always move her up to 8th grade in those two subjects now. You don't have to wait to move her up in everything at once.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Did she actually read the literature (The Scarlet Pimpernel, Hush, The Wreckers, and The Wright Brothers) or did she just go through the T4L material without reading the books? If she hasn't read the required literature, then I would get the books and have her read them. Be sure to look at the guides. Did she actually do the Odyssey composition assignments? T4L does not grade those. She can click through that without actually writing a composition. If she hasn't written any compositions and turned them in to you, then I would have her do so. (For that matter, anything that doesn't include a quiz can also obviously be clicked through without even looking at it.)

Definitely run a report and check her grades for those lessons that had grades. (I would suggest that all parents who are not sitting with their children while they work run reports regularly- if not daily, then at least weekly. Log into the parent tab. You can run reports by subject and date.) Anything below whatever you deem acceptable have her redo.

If she has read the literature, completed the composition assignments, and all of her grades are up to par, then she could read some of the required literature for grade 6 and complete the lessons for those (there is a poetry study on Langston Hughes in the grade 6 literature and grade 7 doesn't cover poetry in its literature.) or she could do the grammar lessons from grade 6. LA 7 and LAx 7 do not include much grammar. Also, LAx 6 has many more activities. She could just do the ones that do not overlap with what is taught in LA 7 and LAx 7. Of course, she could also just move on to LA 8 and LAx 8.

HatH-
    Mandy