Loving this!!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By katshu2
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo

Thread: Loving this!!

margmike is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Loving this!!

I just started last week with homeschooling. Have two older daughters and this is new to my 7th grade son and me. I work full time, so it is going to be a little challenging at first. My son goes to my mother's house while I'm at work. I think he's learned more this week than he has all this year in public school. He works on time4learning and other things (spelling etc) during the day. In the evening him and I go over things he may have had trouble with. It seems to be going well. He is happy and so am I

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! So glad to hear that your homeschooling start is going well, and that you and your son are happy!

Time4Learning will work perfectly with whatever schedule you and your son have to keep, and I love that my boys can use it on any computer with an internet access...they aren't tied to one computer, nor do I have to install something on every computer they use, lol. Here is a Hints and Help page if you need it, just to help you learn more about the site and how everything works.

Since you mentioned that you're new to homeschooling, there's also this Welcome to Homeschooling guide that might prove to be useful for you.

I hope to see you around the boards here. And please stop by the Illinois homeschool forum, where you can try to meet others near you and keep up with things going on in IL.

Happy homeschooling!
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi! Welcome to Time4Learning! Isn't this great! I, too, found time4learning for my daughter when I had to go back to work part-time and needed to find something she could work on somewhat independently. It's so helpful that all the lessons are already prepared. And the progress reports make it so easy to keep track of what she's done when she does work independently. I love that I can easily repeat a lesson or quiz with her with the help of the Activity Finder Tool.

I'm glad your son is loving Time4Learning, also, and doing so well!
    Enjoy your homeschool journey!
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Margmike,
    If you find that your son needs more vocabulary work you might also check out Spelling words by grade. Also, Vocabulary and Spelling City is a helpful resource for spelling and vocabulary words.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!