Moving to Santa Clara County, CA
    carolynpt is offline Junior Member

Default Moving to Santa Clara County, CA

Hello! I am in the process of moving from VA (east coast!) to Santa Clara County CA, because of relocation for my husband's current job in San Jose.

I had to take my daughter out of school in April, here in VA. I have slowly started to do some homeschooling with her, as our house won't be ready until mid May in CA.

Looking forward to joining this group, and a little bewildered with CA's laws/homeschooling, etc. I will also be registering with HSLDA too.

Thanks!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Carolyn! I know you will find good friends here on the forum. Folks are always ready to pitch in with encouragement and helpful tips. I hope you will also share with and encourage others.

These tips and tricks will make navigating T4L a little easier for you. I would also like to encourage you to visit the CA state forum. I am sure you will find good info about your new state and it's laws and goings on.

Best wishes to you!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Carolyn. Welcome to homeschooling and T4L. The links Jackie gave you will be helpful. I hope you make some new friends at the CA forum. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, whether T4L related or homeschooling related. You'll find everyone on here is quite friendly and happy to help and share from our experiences.

Once you get settled in CA, you may want to try to get connected with a local homeschool group that is near you...if you plan to continue homeschooling, that is.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass