new to this

Thread: new to this

amyf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new to this

Hi. I'm Amy, and i'm new to the homeschooling thing. any advise would be appreciated! Thank you!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Amy. Welcome to the forums. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. There is a forum just for your state. You might want to check it out.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Amy. Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling. How old are your kids (or child)? Not sure if you have any specific questions. The top 3 things I like to advise new homeschoolers is to become familiar with their own State home education laws. Second, find a homeschool support group and get connected with other homeschoolers. Our local support group has all kinds of activities, some of which are drama club, art classes, P.E., field trips, Spelling Bees, yearbook, and so much more. Third, don't try to do 'school' at home. Borrow books from the library or look up homeschool blogs and just read up on how other families work out their own schedules, what their days look like, and then find your own niche. That's it. Then just enjoy your homeschool journey!!! You'll have some bad days. We all do! But in the end, it is SO worth it!!

Let me share a couple of links with you. This is the Hints and Helps link for new T4L users. And this is a homeschool guide for new homeschoolers. It was created by T4L veteran homeschool moms.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass