New 2 T4L In La Place, La
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Strouse House
  • 1 Post By libertysmom

Thread: New 2 T4L In La Place, La

libertysmom is offline Junior Member

Default New 2 T4L In La Place, La

Hello everyone! My name is Lori and my daughter is Liberty. We just signed up today and are both very excited to get started. Of course I am nervous and a little lost. It would be a million times easier if this was the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, we moved and the school in this area is totally unacceptable. We have lived here before and half the time the bus would forget to pick her up, so when we had to move back, (my husband, myself, & daughter) we decided to go the home school route. It seems like an extremely easy to use system and it was the best one I found in all of internet land. I do have a question for anyone who can answer it... Since we are starting mid-year, how do I set up her scheduler? I don't want it to cram an entire year into 3 months...especially since she has done it at school. I need some advice on what to do to.
    Thank you,
    Lori

libertysmom

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Time4Learning!!!

I know it is hard to start mid year but remember you are at your own pace. Depending on the laws for Louisiana, which you can find out on the Louisiana forum you can school year round. Meaning do school during the summer. In Florida you send in your letter of intent. You have a year to send in your evaluation. Example you enrolled Jan 31, 2014 you would have till Jan 31, 2015 to get your evaluation/testing back in. I have many friends who started their school year in June they take Nov and Dec off due to our weather is nicer instead of summer months. I myself school year round and take off when needed, vacation, sickness ect…

So check out your Louisiana laws and see how you have to report. Also check out Members Chat on Using Time4learning forum.
    libertysmom likes this.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

libertysmom is offline Junior Member

thank you. i never really thought about year round. i was trying to stick to the standard school year out of habbit i guess. Now I can go back and re-do my daughter's activity schedule so she doesn't have a million things to do in a couple of months.
    bailbrae likes this.