New 2 TFL/fom Va. Hello!

Default New 2 TFL/fom Va. Hello!

Hello all!
    My name is Kristie. I am a mom of 4 and an Army wife of 16 years.
    I am new to TFL. I actually enrolled in May, but have finally gotten around to trying to learn how to use the system. I have been frustrated with the complexity of this site. I am still learning how to navigate TFL. I have one of my four enrolled in TFL, mainly because I don't know what else to do. I have pulled him from school for safety reasons. He has PDD, ADHD, and ASD. He was enrolled in an "autism 1st grade" this past year. So, I figured I would try out TFL this school year and see how it goes.
    Just feeling kind of frazzled and lost. Anyone that has advice and would like to share, it is greatly appreciated.
    Blessings,
    Kristie

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Kristie, and welcome! It's so easy to get overwhelmed (and please believe you are not alone!), but just remember that you are just trying to do what you think is best for your family. Things will fall into place, I'm sure.

Here is a great Hints and Help page to help you figure out how to maneuver through the site a bit better. Shows you how to use the lesson plans, your parent account, etc. Also, you might find this Welcome to Homeschooling guide to be a good resource.

I hope you'll poke around all the boards here; see what conversations you can jump into. There's a Virginia homeschool forum I would like to invite you to join. It can be a great way to keep up with homeschool happenings around your state, and a chance to meet others near you. Always feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Looking forward to seeing you around...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Kristie. Welcome to T4L and to homeschooling. I have a daughter with special needs, and we've tried many different things. T4L has been the best for her!! She loves T4L and is progressing so well. I love that she can work independently when I need her to. When I first started with T4L, I thought it was going to be complicated, but then was surprised at how simple it was. This was almost five years ago, but I think I was making it more complicated thinking I had to go to the parent login to get her started each time....or something like that. I don't remember the details. However, when I've had to make changes, like for our grade levels, I did contact the tech support team at T4L. They were so friendly and helpful. So if you still have trouble after looking through the Hints and Helps link Katie gave you, don't hesitate to call T4L at 1888-771-0914. They will stay on the phone and walk you through it until you feel comfortable with it. Once you get started, you'll see it's really easy enough that your son will be able to move from one lesson to the next on his own.

Please feel free to ask questions. We're all happy to help and share our own experiences with homeschooling.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass