New with 9th grader in Texas
    Pippi is offline Junior Member

Default New with 9th grader in Texas

Hi everyone! My daughter is in 9th grade and this is our first time using T4L (aside from a very short trial we did over the summer). I am a little confused on how to know how long an assignment is expected to take. I did a detailed lesson plan and it currently has her doing about 5 English lessons a day. Obviously they aren't short lessons because they entail in depth information with long videos. Do I have to make her school year super long in order to make it all fit properly? What do you guys do? I will also post this in the high school forum but thought I'd mention my big trial in the intro. Otherwise we really like the high school format (much less silly than the middle school we did the trial of) and I am getting the swing of things pretty quickly.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New with 9th grader in Texas

Hi, Pippi. I responded to your question in detail in the high school forum, but I just wanted to welcome you here also! *waving*

I'm sure others will be along soon to provide additional ideas.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!