New in El Paso, TX
    scissorworker00 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New in El Paso, TX

Ola!! I just started home schooling here in El Paso, TX. The area I live in is growing faster than they can build schools to keep up. My 12 year old loves to learn, but it was disappointing when he started failing his first year of middle school. I would help him and found the lessons and information was not only boring but it went so fast he could not keep up. I decided to home school because I felt the schools just did'nt have time or room for him. He is my last one at home, I already raised a 30 year old and 27 year old. They did not have all of the distractions kids have now. I am in the education business, I teach adults a trade. And at this time my staff and I agree that the TASKS test have done a terrible injustice to our kids. They are unfocused, and have no study skills. They don't know how to think outside the box and use their imagination! They lack the life skills and communication skills they need to thrive in a business environment. That is the result of learning and teaching to a state mandated test. Learning should be fun and interesting, but the state has sucked the life out of learning and teaching. I have been thrilled with the time 4 learning website, it allows me to spend time with my little one, and he can learn and review the lessons as many times as he needs. Learning is fun for him again and I enjoy the lessons myself.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Time4Learning and to Homeschooling. I'm so glad you are enjoying time4learning. I have a nine year old son. We have used time4learning since he was in preK. You might want to take a look at the Texas Parent Forum. That's a good place to meet other homeschoolers in your area and to meet with people who are more knowledgeable of Texas Law than I am. Look around the forums and enjoy.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota