New to everything 8 th grade boy..help with teenagers!!!

Smile New to everything 8 th grade boy..help with teenagers!!!

Hi, I am new to homeschool, and Time4Learning. My son is in 8th grade. He has multiple learning disorders and after years of pushing for services and learning this year he is not able to process speech with ambient noise brought him home. We are pursuing private intervention for his learning issues. He is doing better in a quiet environment. But he is a teenager so he wants to go at his speed and with his preferences. I remind him of public school and he follows through with his work. Then it happens again. Anyone have advice for homeschooling teenagers with occasional negative attitudes.
    Kathy

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to everything 8 th grade boy..help with teenagers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathychance View Post
    Hi, I am new to homeschool, and Time4Learning. My son is in 8th grade. He has multiple learning disorders and after years of pushing for services and learning this year he is not able to process speech with ambient noise brought him home. We are pursuing private intervention for his learning issues. He is doing better in a quiet environment. But he is a teenager so he wants to go at his speed and with his preferences. I remind him of public school and he follows through with his work. Then it happens again. Anyone have advice for homeschooling teenagers with occasional negative attitudes.
    Kathy
    Welcome!

Quick answer is you have a teenager. My kids move at their own pace but one child does good with stating get as much done in this amount of time.... another needs to know exactly what activities he is expected to finish by Friday... you have to find what works for your kid.

Check out other forums like Members Chat Using Time4learning.com
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.