New from Florida Panhandle!

Default New from Florida Panhandle!

Hello to everyone, we are new to homeschooling although my 14 year old granddaughter who I have custody of has been doing virtual school since September last year and is doing well! My grandson who is 10 and in the 4th grade now is having difficulties with math and with reading comprehension.
    I have worked with the teacher and the guidance counselor since October of last year and I have seen very little improvement. The teacher seems to say all the right things when I go for a conference but when I have questioned some of the reasons why he is not doing well she has told me that he is the only one in the class that does not understand and she is frustrated with him although she has repeatedly told me that he is not a problem (behavioral)!
    I am frustrated, she is frustrated and Aiden is suffering because of it. I have searched the web for help and am so thankful that I have found Time4Learning online. I can now help Aiden one on one since the teacher is not able to do it. I am a little nervous but I am also excited about getting started!

Sincerely, NANNA Julia

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcoe to the forums Nanna Julia. It's so nice to meet you. Don't you love it when the school says there is no problem but there is a problem? You are doing the best thing for your grandson. I have an 11 year old at home myself. You should check out the New to Homeschooling page and the Fourth through Eighth Grade page. Oh and the Florida State page as well. We all feel nervous in the beginning. You'll be fine and your grandson will excel.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota