New to group from Knoxville, TN!
    JeanB is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to group from Knoxville, TN!

Greetings to all!

It is wonderful to find a forum for homeschooling where we can interact and ask questions. My husband and I started homeschooling our son in January and we are so pleased that we made that decision. We have a 6 year old son who will be starting 1st grade and loves science, science, and more science! My husband is in his final year of school and I own and operate a speech therapy private practice. Last semester my husband did the majority of schooling between his own class work and I filled in duties after I got home from work. This year, I will drop down to part time at my office so that I can dedicate time to my sweet boy in the mornings. It is a juggling act most days but I see it as a privledge to get to teach him!

I look forward to getting to know others here. We are still new to the process of homeschooling and could benefit from the experience of others.

Jean

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jean, Welcome to time4learning and to the Parent Forums. It is so nice to meet you. I lived in Knoxville many many years ago. I would suggest that you stop by the Tennessee Parent Forums. You will be able to interact with other people from your state. They have a lot more knowledge of TN state laws and local support groups than I do. You also might want to check out the New to Homeschooling Guide.

Please come back and ask any questions you might have. Have fun.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Jean,
    This will be such an exciting adventure for you! While you have to juggle things, it will be worth it.
    I'm the moderator in the Tennessee forum, and I would like to personally invite you to come over and visit us there. We would love to have you. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
    Again, welcome!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!