New here

Thread: New here

samboiss is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New here

Hi there, I am currently staying in SC although I will be moving back to Indonesia on Sep 1st. We have been homeschooling our 11 yr old since 3rd grade and our 6 yr old since well... he was born, I am using time4learing for our 6yr old mainly as our move to Indonesia will have our supplies in shipment for about 3 months, and it will also free up a little time to work with my 11yr old. I currently use MBTP but will be switching when we are finished with the units, until then we are going to see how things progress here.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to time4learning and the parenting forums. I usually would suggest that you check out the South Carolina Parent Forum. But if you are moving in a month that wouldn't really help you much. You might want to start your 11 year old on time4learning as well to help with the transition during your move. I have a ten year old. We just moved a couple of towns over last year and I know how disruptive that was to my son. Good luck with your move.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I have to second what Kathi said about transitioning and moving. My move is no where near as grand as your move, we moved 2 states away over the course of several weeks in June/July but I will tell you that it was great to have the continuity for my 6th grader. When things were crazy with packing and moving, saying, "Go to school" meant that my daughter could have a little bit of "normal" in her day. She knew just what to expect, and it seemed to be calming for her to know what was happening, it was Time4Learning and school, just like she has been doing for years. Good luck with your move. I do not envy your distance you will move, but I'm sure it will be quite an adventure.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

samboiss is offline Junior Member Newbie

I tried the Time 4 Learning demos with my 11yr old but he thinks it is too childish...this from a kid who still plays with toy soldiers and legos, luckily I have started writing his curriculum using "What your sixth grader needs to know" and we use Life of Fred for math, so I can start him when we get settled on some of the lessons, we use alot of history and discovery.com, Utube, mr.donn.org and neok12.com. I already started my 6 yr old with T4L just so he knows what to expect and I don't have to stand over him the entire time, so far he really enjoys it, especially the science.

Sam