New here & homeschooling
    Estavnic is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New here & homeschooling

I am from Romulus, MI and have a five year old and a four year old with an autoimmune disease so we are choosing to homeschool both kids and future kids. We love the freedom it gives us but truth be told it's scary. Both have sensory processes disorder but are such characters and are really fun to be around. I am looking for a co-op group here in Mi and this is how I ended up here. It's amazing to see how many people are homeschooling.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New here & homeschooling

Hi!

I'm not in Michigan, but I do want to welcome you to the parent forum!

I have a son with some rather significant sensory processing issues, so you're in good company!

Hopefully others from your area will chime in here, too. Please stick around and post in other forum sections to let us know how things are going.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

CassandraFaith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: New here & homeschooling

Hey! I am just starting homeschooling again so welcome! There are so many homeschoolers now and so many amazing resources its wonderful! My 9 year old has ADHD so she has a lot of sensory processing issues too. How do you handle that when homeschooling your kids? Do you have any special techniques? When my daughter was younger we tried fidget tools. Now that shes older we do workouts in the morning and I put posters on the walls with stuff we're learning that week so when she loses focus she can be distracted with stuff we're learning anyway lol. I picked that up from one of these websites lol. Not sure if its working yet! Good luck!