New Here- I'm a teacher, but am using this site as extra for my own GT children
    brandit is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Here- I'm a teacher, but am using this site as extra for my own GT children

Hi! I am so excited to have found this site! I am currently teaching 2nd grade in a private school. I have also taught K & PK in public and private schools. I have two boys, one is 10 in 4th grade and one is 4 in PreK. Both are gifted learners and need to be challenged. My youngest has articulation problems so he takes speech a couple of times a week while at school. Luckily, they both go to school with me for free. However, my plan is to take my part-time job as a travel agent to a full-time role next year. I hope to also do either home school at my house for other kids or at least tutor children who need extra support. Oh, and I'm working towards my Master's in Gifted Education. Whew! Sorry for all of the info- lol.
    Anyway, I can't wait for my kids' sites to be ready so they can start working. My little guy is bugging me now to do more games on the computer since he's already done all of the sneak-peak things for PK-1st.

I hope to get to know everyone soon!

Brandi

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Brandi, it's so nice to meet you. I also have a ten year old fourth grader. We have been using time4learning for over five years now. I would suggest that you head on over to the Louisiana Parent Forum. It's a great place to meet others in your area.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Team Harris is offline Junior Member

Okay, so I have tried to introduce myself twice today and I don't see my posts showing up in the New Member Intro. What's up with that?

Cajunflowerchik is offline Junior Member Newbie

I also have a 10 year old 4th grader. I also have a 3 year old doing the pre-k program. Looking for people around from Northeast Louisiana.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums ladies. It is so nice to meet you. We are building quite a group of ten year old boys on here. Your posts don't tell me what state you are from so I am going to suggest that you go to the drop down menu at the top of the page and go to the Parent Forum for your state. Hopefully you will be able to meet other members in your area.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota