New here, Time4Learning and to Jacksonville, Fl
    Preacherman is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New here, Time4Learning and to Jacksonville, Fl

Hello

My name is Steve, I am a stay @home Dad.
    My wife works @Publix.
    My wife and I live on a sail boat with our 9yo son Gabriel.
    We are trying an on-line curriculum for the first time. We would like to meet up
    with other home-school families for coffee breaks (to discuss teaching strategies)
    and for field trips. eg; Zoo, Museums and such.
    We are new to Jacksonville, and we don't have a car. But can use a bus.

You can also reach via email @
    [email protected]

or call our cell
    813-418-1336

Thanks and God Bless

Steve, Trisa & Gabriel

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! How insanely cool is it to be able to say you live on a sail boat?!?! When we started looking for an online curriculum and found Time4Learning, it was life changing for us. Sounds exaggerated, but it's the truth, lol. We all hate textbooks and workbooks, and we don't like having to be tied to one computer or device. I love that my boys can get on any computer with an internet connection to do their school!

Here's a great Hints and Help page that you might helpful, and I would love to have you join the Florida homeschool forum that we have here. It would be the place to try and connect with other members locally.

Oh, one more thing...as with any public online forum (anyone can join here and see your info before they get zapped as spam), you may want to be careful publishing your cell number like that. If I were you, I would give your email and let people know that you are willing to give a contact number if you are asked. But that's just my two cents.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!