New home school mom here.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg

Thread: New home school mom here.

Rhonda Carlton is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New home school mom here.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the state will be interfering with me home schooling my son? I've heard that they mess with home school families and there are a lot of families who have had to hire an attorney because of it?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Rhonda. We've been homeschooling 13 years and have never had a problem with the state. I live in Florida and belong to two homeschool support groups with over 200 members (families). We have never known anyone to have problems with the authorities here.
    In the United States and in many countries, homescholing is a legal option. As long as you are abiding by your state home education laws, you will have no problems. Over 2 million children are homeschooled in the United States and homeschoolers do not generally experience issues with authorities. It's very rare.

Rhonda, before choosing to homeschool, you should familiarize yourself with your state homeschool laws. Get connected with local homeschoolers through a local homeschool support group, which have monthly meetings and meet regularly for student events and extra-curricular activities and field trips.

This link for State Homeschool Information should be helpful.
    Also, here is a homeschool guide for families who are new to homeschooling or want to learn more on the subject.
    Lastly, Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is a non-profit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect our right to homeschool our children.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 12-30-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    bailbrae likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass