New to home schooling
    Karensuzanne is offline Junior Member

Default New to home schooling

Hi there! Just started home schooling my son today. He seems to like it. I'M ALITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT THE WHOLE THING BUT I GUESS THATS EXPECTED.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Karensuzanne. Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling. It's absolutely not uncommon for a parent to be nervous when starting out, but you'll be fine. I remember when I first started I was nervous too. Just take it one day at a time. You'll see that it will all just come natural. You don't say how old your son is. If you pulled him out of school or if you're starting homeschooling from the beginning. Either way, try not to duplicate 'school', but rather find fun things to do together, like field trips, hands on activities, lots of reading together, educational movies.
    This is a Welcome to Homeschool Guide that was written by several veteran homeschool moms here at Time4Learning. I think you'll find it helpful. And you'll find lots of friendly parents who are eager to help here in the forums. Lastly, let me share this link for Helps and Hints for new members to Time4Learning.

Looking forward to seeing you around the different forums.
    Enjoy your homeschool journey.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Karensuzanne is offline Junior Member

My son is 10 and in the 4th grade, this is our 1st time trying home school, last school year was really hard for him so i feel home school would help him be more confident.