New to home schooling
    TRobinson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to home schooling

My son was expelled from school in Ga. He is now living in Tx with me. I was worried he would get into more trouble in school so I decided to home school. Does anyone know is there anything I must report to the state? He wasn't enrolled in school in Tx. I'm worried about enrolling him next year. Will there be a problem because he was home schooled? Will he be able to go to the 9th grade? If anyone can help me or tell me where I can find the answers to my questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

I would recommend you go over to the Texas Forum and ask that same question over there. They might be able to help you with the laws in your state.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

TRobinson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks. I already did that. I had a few views but no suggestions.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

TRobinson,
    It is my understanding from my sister, who homeschooled (or is in the process of homeschooling) her 10 children, that reporting to the state is not necessary in Texas. If I were you, I would double check that here at the Texas Homeschooling Information Page. On that page (pretty near the top) you will find the Home Education in Texas by Ann Zeise. Her information regarding homeschooling laws in each state are usually very good, and have a link that explains the laws in non-lawyer language. Hope that helps!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

lily_bean is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face hello

you should have no problem getting him back in school in texas you do not have to notify anyone that your homeschooling. Specially coming from another state. you can check www.hslda.org they have lots of info hope that helps.
    lili

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I get my laws from HSLDA as well. Here's a link, just in case you haven't gotten there already: http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Texas.pdf

Hope that helped a little. And good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!