New to homeschool from Texas :)
    Emma'smom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschool from Texas :)

Hi everyone well first I'm so glad and relieved I found this site! I have a four year old daughter also five whom I decided to homeschool. She has some anxiety issues so I'm praying this is what is best for her. Also I attend college at night for nursing and some of the smartest people in my class were homeschooled! I did that very encouraging!

Anyways if anyone can help me or direct me in what direction I need to go in order to start a curicullium with her. She's very smart and know she will excel I just need some direction on where to start I would really appreciate any advice
    Chrissy

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Chrissy, Welcome to the Parent Forums. For my son Time4Learning has been the best thing we could have done. I loves the interactive lessons. I love that I don't have to do any lesson planning or anything like that. It's all spelled out for me. And it keeps records. There are tons of curriculum out there. What you chose really depends on your daughters learning style. But for my money and for my son's way of learning, Time4Learning is the best. We are in our fifth year of using this great program.

For a four year old you could use things like Starfall or Learning Games for Kids. I also recommend lots and lots of reading. Children learn best by doing what they see their parents do. If we read a lot, our children will want to read as well. Good luck in your journey.

I would suggest that you check out the forum for your state. If you go to the top of this page you will see a drop down menu that says State Forums. Click on that and then click on your state. Best wishes on your journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome Chrissy!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma'smom View Post
    Hi everyone well first I'm so glad and relieved I found this site! I have a four year old daughter also five whom I decided to homeschool. She has some anxiety issues so I'm praying this is what is best for her. Also I attend college at night for nursing and some of the smartest people in my class were homeschooled! I did that very encouraging!

Anyways if anyone can help me or direct me in what direction I need to go in order to start a curicullium with her. She's very smart and know she will excel I just need some direction on where to start I would really appreciate any advice
    Chrissy

Welcome, Chrissy! My name is Jackie and I am the moderator for the Texas forum. Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself. I am sure there are threads there with info that might interest you. It's also a great way to make new friends.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Chrissy. Welcome to our T4L community and to the homeschool community. I love homeschooling, as you can tell by my user name. So I'm always excited to talk to a new homeschooler and welcome them.

We have been using T4L for 5 years now. Our daughter loves it. What I like best about T4L is that it keeps track of all my daughter's work, her grades, her progress, and I have to do little to no planning. This was really helpful when I was working part-time outside the home. I like that I can easily see if she scored low on any particular lesson. I am then able to sit with her and go over the lesson with her a second time. Another thing I like about T4L is that I can choose from 3 different grade levels for each subject. This is so helpful since my daughter is at a different grade level in math than she is in Literature.

I would suggest you find a support group near you and get connected with other homeschoolers. You will get ideas from other moms, your daughter will make friends she can grow up with, you can attend events and field trips. Some support groups also offer fun co-op classes, like music, drama, art. We are in Florida, and our support group has a yearbook, end of the year promotion/graduation, a drama club, and so much more.