New Homeschooler
    holly's mommy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Homeschooler

Holly and I are beginning our school year. We are both new to homeschooling. We are both very excited. Holly is 5 years old and very intelligent. She reading at a sixth grade level, which is the reason we choose homeschool over public school. Public schools in our area would not be able to keep her progressing or her attention. I taught in public schools for 7 plus years before Holly was born. Therefore, I feel that her and I will be successful at our new homeschool. I am just looking for others in our area or online that would be interested in exchanging ideas and information about homeschooling.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! How great that you and Holly are embarking on this adventure!

Here is a Welcome to Homeschooling ebook you might find helpful. It's got a lot of info for new homeschoolers, but it's not huge or overwhelming to try and read through. There's this Hints and Help page that can help you learn more about using T4L. And, I would like to direct you to T4L's Accelerated Programs for Gifted Children page.

One last thing...please take a moment to head over to the Kentucky homeschool forum. You just might be able to connect with other members who are local to you.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!