New Homeschooler from NC
    kschwitter is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool New Homeschooler from NC

Hi everyone,

I just signed up my fourth-grader, who'll begin homeschooling in a couple weeks. I'm excited to give this a whirl and have read quite a bit. My biggest question is about pacing, but I see the curriculum calculator is a big help with that. I'm concerned with having him do too much or too little in a given school day.

Are there any other families who plan to weave Core Knowledge into their homeschooling? I'm also interested in utilizing Singapore Math.

Thanks,
    Kendra

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Homeschooler from NC

Hi, Kendra! Welcome to the forum!

Be sure you read "How Long is a Homeschool Day" and "Homeschool or School at Home". Those articles can be helpful when it comes to developing a homeschool mindset as opposed to a public school mindset about scheduling.

I've homeschooled my kids since 1997 and I had to Google "core knowledge". There are many opinions about what a student should know and when they should know it. You can Google "typical course of study" to find a lot of ideas. Time4Learning or any curriculum will not necessarily mesh with another's ideas of what to teach when, so take anything like Core Knowledge with a grain of salt. Your own child's abilities may not mesh with anyone else's list, either.

We're happy to have you with us! Please stick around and share more details of your new homeschool journey!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!