New homeschooler in Okinawa, Japan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brook Simmons

Thread: New homeschooler in Okinawa, Japan

Michele Lehane is offline Junior Member

Default New homeschooler in Okinawa, Japan

Hello. I'm a former elementary teacher who started homeschooling in April. We will be starting Time4Learning on Monday!
    We are a military family stationed in Okinawa, Japan and my daughter was recently diagnosed with Aspergers.
    I would love to share ideas/support with other parents.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Michelle. There is a forum just for military families. You might want to check it out. Also a forum for special needs children. Look around and then join into the conversations whenever you're ready.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

Konichiwa Michele,

I have lots of friends who went to Japan and they all came back loving the people. I have been wanting to visit it. I am fascinated by there tales and culture.
    I do not know what branch you are in but I do know most provide a family support and learning materials. You can apply for funding to get help and childcare for relief breaks through there services. I remember I really needed that when there was no family around and I it seemed all my whole life was watching blue clues and I started to become attracted to Steve. I was really really grateful for those services. Obviously that was some time ago but I am sure they have expanded those services since my time.

Oh and Japan is always looking for English speaking teachers but I am sure they have already informed you.
    Arigato for sharing about you.
    bailbrae likes this.

Michele Lehane is offline Junior Member

Brook, I am still laughing about your comment about "Steve". Nowadays it's "Joe", but I've been there myself ;-) We absolutely love Japan, and homeschooling my daughter is making it possible to get out and explore even more.