New to homeschooling
    Cherri is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschooling

Hi everyone!
    I am really excited about starting homeschooling my youngest child. I have 4 boys, 3 of which have graduated from public school. When my youngest started struggling with school and telling me how much he hated it I was right on it since I know the school system well. Well..... he has gone to three different elementary schools in our district and every year it's the same thing, they are going to do this that and whatever, and halfway through the year they leave him hanging out to dry, I was done fighting. So, we made the huge decision to home school. I could use any help anyone has to offer. Thanks in advance!!!!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Cherri, and welcome! That stinks that you and your son had so much trouble, but it's great that you are willing to give homeschooling a try. There are a couple of links I can share with you that you might find helpful. The first is a Welcome to Homeschooling guide that has tons of good information in it, without overwhelming you. The next is a Getting Started with Time4Learning guide that you can use to learn more about navigating the site, using the lesson plans, etc.

Also, I would like to invite you to join the Illinois homeschool forum. Hopefully you can connect there with some of our other members that are local to you. You should be able to keep up with state homeschooling laws, activities/happenings in the state and more.

Good luck! Enjoy this exciting journey.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Cherri is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you! I appreciate the help