New to Homeschooling a 15 year old with Special Needs and an ongoing Health Issue

Default New to Homeschooling a 15 year old with Special Needs and an ongoing Health Issue

Hey everybody ,
    We are totally new to the homeschooling , our 15 yr old Autistic son who has been mainstreamed in Public Schools his entire life, has recently been faltering under the stress of trying to keep up with the pace and has been having an ongoing health problem for the last year and a half . We have decided to homeschool to see if we could slow down the pace and relieve some stress for him . Needless to say we are a little nervous and excited at the same time.

Cookiemom

Default Re: New to Homeschooling a 15 year old with Special Needs and an ongoing Health Issue

Well I guess as well I am new to to homeschooling I have a wonderful five-year-old son Abel who is autistic and severely delayed development as well as some very minor mental retardation andseems to be able to communicate better with myself and father and feel more secure in the possibility of being caught by Mom and at all feeling comfortable and able to receive what's being taught and I am excited and ready to be able not only expand his mind but expand mine