New to Homeschooling
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: New to Homeschooling

Bean Othman is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New to Homeschooling

Hi, I am a Malaysian living in Saudi Arabia. I am new to homeschooling concept and now after two months we subscribe to T4L, we are confident that we have made the right choice. I have 3 children aged 9, 7 and 6. We decided to homeschool them after one year we came to Saudi Arabia. However, I am still searching the right formula how much we should (or must) cover in a day. My concern begins when I start to compare the time we spend with the time they used to spend at school.
    How much is enough?
    Thanking you in advance for your advices. God Bless.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the Time4Learning forums. You really can't compare how long you spend schooling your children with the amount of time public school kids are in school. Much of the school day is spent taking attendance, lining up to go to the bathroom, lunch, the library, or gym class. Then it takes time for everyone to settle down after each of these activities. At home you don't have to do all this. Also a public school teacher has to divide her time between 30 or 40 students. You only have three.

An an easy way to see how many lessons you should do each day is to add up all the lessons in the lesson plans. Then divide this number by the number of days you plan on having school. This will tell you how many lessons to do each day so you can finish by the end of your school year. My eleven year old spends between an hour and a half to two hours each day.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota