New to Homeschooling
    KaylasGmom is offline Junior Member

Default New to Homeschooling

Hello y'all!
    I am Lynn, a 56 year old working “mom” and am homeschooling my 12 year old granddaughter. She made good grades in school – A’s and B’s – yet was always in In-School-Suspension for disturbing other students…and it was usually that the other students were bullying her. I tried to get help from the teachers and Principal, but to no avail! She had 17 referrals…and while I do know that she was not a perfect student, not all the referrals were her fault. I talked with the School Counselor and he let me know that he Homeschooled his children because there was no way he was going to let them attend the middle school where my granddaughter was going. That was enough for me!
    I started with Abeka….and while it is a good program it is not what I needed. My granddaughter likes to stay in front the computer or I-pod or phone…therefore, she needed to take her curriculum online. Hopefully this will be the plan that works. I am sure praying so!!

I am really looking forward to working with Time4Learning…I will have my Master’s Degree in Internet Technology – Network Security in December. I am hoping that I can help other parents around this area with Homeschooling! I sure found no help and am grateful to find this site!
    Learning with ya!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Lynn, welcome! We are glad to have you here. Know that you are not alone in this homeschooling venture! I'm homeschooling my daughter, who is 13. We have been with Time4Learning for 7 years now. I honestly can't imagine another way of educating my daughter. Since you are new to homeschooling let me recommend that you check with your state forum. They will have some good advice and options for homeschooling in your state. Also check out the Welcome to Homeschooling Guide for encouragement and helpful tips. Hope to see you around the forums!
    Last edited by MamaToHerRoo; 02-02-2014 at 02:08 AM.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!