New to homeschooling

Default New to homeschooling

Hi. My name is Bobbi. I am homeschooling my 8 year old son , Braeden. I have never done homeschooling before, any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. We live in Illinois, we decided to pull our son out of our local public school due bullying and the school refused to do anything about it. My son used to love school but after 2 1/2 years of bullying, getting him to school was a daily struggle. Braeden is way ahead of his actual grade level in several subjects and the local public school has no way to accommodate advanced, or gifted students. So we are hoping that homeschooling will also be a benefit in that aspect as well. Braeden is a very active child as well as strong willed so getting him to sit down n work on one things tends to be trying at times. I don't currently have any friends that homeschool nor do I know or any families in our area that home school so, if anyone has any tips or advice please feel free to let me know. Thanx

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to time4learning.com!!! Glad you stopped by to introduce yourself. I see you said you are from Illinois. Have you checked out the Illinois forum?

I hate to hear about bulling. It amazes me with all that we know today that it is still going on in schools.

Oh you are going to love time4learning.com since you said your son is ahead in certain subjects. I love how t4ling gives you access to the grades above and below what your child is. Also you can change when ever you want to. Just email and they will switch it. It is that easy.

Be sure to check out Members Chat on Using Time4Learning forum.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.